Monday, May 7, 2012

I am thinking of getting a new video card for my computer. I am a gamer. Any sugestions.?

I currently have Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller 64MB. It's pretty old. I like to play games on my computer but I don't want to get top of the line because I don't want to pay very much. I have a compaq presario 2.80 GHz intel celeron prosesor, 512 MB Ram and 80GB hard drive. I don't know a lot about computers. I am looking for somethibng to upgrade my old video card without realy over doing it for my computer. Please help.|||I'd first recommend a RAM Upgrade. While 512 is sufficient for most applications, it helps to have more RAM for games. You're processor seems like its fast enough, so no worries there.



As far as a video card, it really depends on how much you want to pay. The more expensive the card, usually, the better it will be. NVIDIA is usually the top choice for gamers. You can find some of their chips in "off brand" video cards that work fairly well. I use a GeForce 5200 and games like Call Of Duty 2 run really well. The card I bought is actually Chaintech brand.



You will notice a significant improvement in both graphics on games and performance of your computer in general. I'm assuming your Intel is built into the computer. My computer has virtually the same graphics card, but I upgraded to the one I mentioned above.



To run games coming out now, I'd recommend a video card with at least 128MB. Anything less will be too slow.



Good luck!



P.S. Check the graphics card chipset requirements on the game you want to play (under system requirements/recommendations), that will also help you make a decision when choosing a new graphics card.|||I don't know anything about games but your picture is so cute|||Well before I can give you a real good idea of what video card you should get I need to know what kind of slots are avilable on your motherboard. There are 4 different kinds. PCI, AGP, PCIEx16 and PCIEx1. PCIEx16 is the best, but its fairly new so if your computer is more than a few years old you probably only have AGP, which is fine as well. Some Dell computers only have regular PCI (which will seriously limit your choices) You'll have to get a tech friend to see which slot type you have.



However, if you have PCIEx16 and a power supply capable of supporting it (at LEAST 400watt, 450 or 500watt reccomended) I would suggest this card (or a similar model). Its not the highest end one out there but it is the most bang for your buck you're gonna find. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



If you only have AGP then this card is about as high end as you'll be able to go without getting a new motherboard. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

No comments:

Post a Comment