Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Should I buy a new video card/ram or just a new PC?

Hi, I recently noticed that my computer is hella slow when running multiple applications and lags a bit in some games even in the lowest quality, so I'm just wondering, should I buy a new PC or just buy a new graphic card/ram? Here's my specs:





Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.

System Model: PM800-8237

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz

Memory: 448MB RAM

Page File: 346MB used, 710MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode



I have to let you all know that I'd rather not use so much money on a new PC, I just want to know your suggestions. And also, would my computer handle RAM/VIDEO CARDS? If I bought a new computer I would have to buy one that is 800 or less.. Thanks!|||No sir you do not have to buy a new Pc. Your Pc is fast, but you are running windows xp and that requires at least 512mb of ram. You only have 448 thats not sufficient. Get another gig or 2 but that in and upgrade from windows service pack 2 to 3, that should do the trick. O ya make sure that you get the right ram there are 2 types ddr1 and ddr2 just tell the people at the store you buy your ram from your computer specs and they should tell you which type of ram you need.|||I would say the easiest thing you can do is first run defragmenter.

The cheapest upgrade you can do is Ram. I would say buy 2gb's ram. You can buy a decent graphics card for 100 dollars or so.

You can easily upgrade your system for 250 dollars or less.

checkout www.newegg.com I have bought all my computer parts there and they are usually 10 to 20 dollars cheaper then anywhere else.|||New PC mate ,

No comments:

Post a Comment