Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm trying to turn off the video card on my computer please help me!?

I bought a new video card for my computer. I have to turn off the one that is built into my computer. I have a hp pavilion. The instructions with the new video card say go to the control panel and go to "add remove programs" and delete the video card. I tried that but I don't even know what the video card is called on my computer and I'm not sure which thing to delete. Can anyone help me??|||you dont need to delete anything just put the card in the computer and then put the monitor wire in the video card's slot.|||Is your computer a laptop? or an actual computer? if its a laptop i cannot help, but if its a computer, i have a solution. If it is built into the motherboard, then you need to find another video card that is compatible with the other video card and the motherboard, so just browse around and keep looking for something that is compatible with it.|||You just insert the new card, because it automatically uses the discrete one over the integrated or if you've got a discrete one already in there, then uninstall drivers for it as well as remove it (obviously) then insert the new one. To me it seems you are very unsure, do you even know if everything is compatible? i.e PSU, having an empty PCIe slot

No comments:

Post a Comment