Friday, April 27, 2012

How to use both on board video and video card?

I have a Dell E521, and my friend added a GeForce 7600GT into my computer. The computer runs windows XP. There are currently two monitors hooked up to it. I want to hook up a third monitor to the computer by using the video output on motherboard, is that possible? how can I do it??



thanks!|||Sorry, but that's not possible.

Most (if not all) motherboard BIOS will disable the onboard graphics when a graphics card is detected.

And even if it didn't, Windows only allows one graphics driver to run at any given time.|||You can use multiple video cards on the same system...but the onboard video will be disabled. I use two video cards with dual outputs..4 monitors total. If one is AGP, you will have to set boot order in setup to designate the primary card. Hope this helps...

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment