Friday, April 27, 2012

Dell Dimension 4600 Video Card Upgrade: Replacement of 16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra?

Hi,



I am looking to replace the 16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra video card on my Dell Dimension 4600.



RAM has previously been upgraded from 512MB to 1GB (DDR).



I am looking at buying the GeForce7800 GS AGP but I'm not 100% sure if it is compatible with my system? If not, what other compatible graphics cards would be suitable for online gaming?|||You can put any AGP card you like on the empty slot. The 7800GS AGP is pretty fast but the newer 7900GS is better and draws less power. BUT you need to upgrade your power supply. It says here that your PC has a teeny weeny power supply, only 250W.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/dell-di…



Better get something like this w/ strong +12V rails:

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT…



Do not rely on minimum power supply recommendation. It will just run HOT at FULL LOAD. A higher rated power supply runs cooler and lasts longer.|||I think it is AGP and if it is you can use that video card you will have to upgrade your power supply if you want any thing more than a Geforce 6200.I would upgrade the PSU to a Hiper Type-R than put in a ATI Radeon X1950pro.That will run you about $300(us) with the power supply.I am using a 7900GS KO PCI-E in my gaming computer and i am happy with it.I would say go with a 7900GS in the AGP.You have alot of choices but not as much as PCI-E you may want to upgrade soon if you are going to be gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment