Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is there a way I can enable two monitors and a television simultaneously from the same video card?

I have an ATI Radeon 9600...VGA out, DVI out and S-Video out.



VGA monitor is on all the time.

DVI is hooked up to a DVI-VGA adapter, running to a second monitor.

S-video is going to my TV.



I have to disable the second monitor to enable the TV...is there any way around this?



Thanks



PS Windows XP Professional SP2

AMD athlon running at 2.2 GHZ

1 gb ram|||Hi,



Well there is no way around this issue. The chipset will run TV and any other device simultaneously, but ATI specs state "independent refresh rates for any two connected displays"

Personally, I had the exact same situation. At the time I had an AGP Radeon that would display only 1 monitor and 1 TV; to solve this I bought an NVidia PCI adapter with 2 analog VGA out puts and 1 SVideo. Now I have at least 3 displays running at any time and I could do a nice 4 display combination if necessary. If you choose to install another card, I would look at the ATI PCI option because of compatibility issues. I started with a Radeon based Diamond Stealth which was a nightmare, and the NVidia I settled on required too much effort before it worked well. In 2000 I had an early Radeon with a Rage Pro, both authentic ATI and it was so easy and totally compatible.



Anyway, you will see the above quote if you research the ATI specs for your card.



I hope this is helpful and GOOD LUCK!!|||get a second video card

on the 9600 / 9700 you can drive 2 monitors

but not a TV and a monitor at the same time

No comments:

Post a Comment