Friday, April 27, 2012

Can you put a CPU fan on a video card?

i have a bunch of old cpu fans but not video card fans, my cpu fan has 3 wires (yellow, red, black) and my video card has 2 (Red, Black) is there anyway to hook up my cpu fan to my video card, and if so how would i spice the wires|||There are fans built specifically for video cards. Just get a video card cooler that's right for your it. Also, usually, video cards that are meant to be cooled by a fan comes with a fan. It's not necessary to install a fan on your video card if it doesn't come with one, unless of course you are overclocking it.



The black cable is for the ground, yellow is for the +12V and red is +5V. I'm not sure if it's safe to break the connector and hook the red and black wires to the CPU fan. Try looking at computer stores if they have a converter instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment