Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wondering if video card (Radeon 5670) will work on my PC, to play Lego Star Wars 3?

So I'm looking for a video card that would work on a system I'm fixing, I found a card and here's the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161365&cm_re=radeon_hd_5670-_-14-161-365-_-Product and I'm wondering if it will work on the pc. My pc is a Dell Dimension 4700. Thank You.|||Hi,



Unlike one answerer said the graphics card will fit physically into the PC. Your pc has PCI Express 1.0 x16 and the graphics card is PCI Express 2.1 x16 but this is backwards compatible.



As for the power supply, its 305w which will just about run the graphics card (the system requirements say the pc will need at least a 300w power supply), and unlike any other current graphics cards, it only requires the power from the motherboard as opposed to power direct from your computers power supply.



It should run fine, but if you do get crashing on games Blue screens etc, it WILL be down to your power supply and you'll need a more powerful one in this instance.



Hope i've helped :)|||No, as near as I can tell with just a quick browse of the first motherboard shematic that came up for your computer, you do not have the proper slot ( PCI Express 2.1 x16) and I would guess you don't have a strong enough power supply, either.|||Yes. Here are system requirements:





Intel Processor - Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz

AMD Processor - Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+

Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce GT 240

ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 4670 512MB

RAM (Memory) - 2 GB

Hard Disk Space - 6 GB

Direct X - 9



The rest of your computer might not work though. It looks like you may only have a Pentuim 4 and I don't know how much RAM you have

No comments:

Post a Comment