Friday, April 27, 2012

I need suggestions on what kind of video card to buy.?

My MAJOR problem is when I play games I get thrown off the game back to the icon page. My comp also stops while I'm typing and I have to start from where it stopped at.(it's stopped twice so far) I know I need a new video card but have no idea what to get. My comp is a dell approx 2yrs old and the current card is:intel(r) 82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv graphics controller. I can spend up to a couple C's but (of course) want to spend as little as possible. Can someone please help me?|||You are currently using an outdated integrated graphics that share memory from system RAM. 82845 chipset supports AGP. Consider an ATI 9600 Pro. It is just a 17 watter, would not stress your power supply. More exciting/faster cards would require a power supply upgrade.|||your game(s) box or even the game(s) FAQ's or tech support should be able to help with the type of card



for the purchase, i suggest www.newegg.com|||A new video card may not help if your computer is crashing. But your onboard video controller is not good for gaming.



Find out if your motherboard has an AGP port or a PCI-express port for the graphics card.



Then go and get a graphics card based upon how much you want to spend.



I recommend:



ATI X1650PRO for around $100



NVIDIA 7600GT (DDR3) for around $130



ATI X1950PRO for $200 ish???



Or get crazy with an NVIDIA 8800 for lots more money.



Have fun!|||Your using integrated graphics, if your pc has a pci-e slot get the X1950 pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment