Friday, April 27, 2012

I have a inspron 6400 and I wanna upgrade my video card... is it possible?

I found out recently that my laptop won't run some really good games (like Battlefield 2 or Quake War ET) and it turns out that it needs a video card upgrade =\. So is it even possible 2 upgrade (cuz it is a laptop after all...) and how much will it cost me? I'm using mobile Intel 945gm express chipset. Plz help me!|||I don't know if it's the same for your 6400, but my 6000 is built with the video card permanently coupled with the motherboard, making upgrading impossible. Dell hates its customers apparently :-p|||Hmmm....I use the same laptop model as you :) Before you decide on buying a new graphic card, please check that if you can find ways to speed up the video graphic processing.



You need to check:



1. If you have sufficent RAM. My laptop uses 1GB DDRAM 2.

2. Do you defrag your harddisk. I find it quite useful in speeding up video

3. Do you have too many background program running while you are playing your computer games. You can check it from Task Manger

4. Delete some unuse programs to give your harddisk more virtual memory in order to speed up video



It is indeed possible to upgrade the video graphic cards in laptop:) But, it is hard to find shops selling them!:( You may try to call the Dell agent for help:) For your laptop computer, you also need to upgrade your BIOS:) That can be done by yourself:) You just key in your service tag in the Dell website, and you should find something like BIOS update patches:) I upgrage my own BIOS to version A08 from A06 right now. For the price of your new video card, I can't give you any recommendation because I am from Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment