Friday, May 4, 2012

What kind of video card?

I have an windows xp professional laptop with what I heard, has a horrible Video Card. Does any one know what kind of video card I can have on my laptop? I would like to stay below 140$ price range.|||Oh... you have a Windows XP Professional Laptop. That was made by... no, don't tell me... I mean, you don't want to tell me who makes it, that's obvious. If you wanted to tell me, then you *would* have told me. I know it though... it's on the tip of my tongue..... there were only a few hundred different models of laptop by a dozen or so manufacturers that were shipped with XP Pro on them.... it has to be one of them.



Look. Without the make and model of your laptop, there is no way of knowing whether or not it has a removable video card. There are a few models that do. Some use an MXM form factor card... like one of these http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/Table.html unless it is a Dell, since there are a few models made by Dell that use their own special video card. But again, all we know is that your laptop uses Win XP Pro. Which actually tells us nothing.



But, I've given you the answer. If your laptop can use a replaceable video card, it would either use an MXM form factor card, or it would use a proprietary card made by Dell.



The majority of laptops are not like desktops... you can't replace or add a new video card.|||no

No comments:

Post a Comment