Friday, May 4, 2012

What is the best video card for me?

My video card just died, and i need some help finding a new one.



I dont know that much about them but, I am going to use it for 3d modeling, but not gaming. It has to go into an AGP slot. I has to cost under $175. I dont need dule monitors, but i would like to have s-video out. Also, i would like to be able to keep the computer on for weeks at a time without the card being affected.



Any help would be appreciated, thanks....|||For the love of God don't buy from a local best buy, circuit city, or whatever if you can help it at all. The prices i've seen on cards there make me shudder. If you can possibly buy online, http://www.newegg.com or http://tigerdirect.com are fantastic sites that will get you your card in about 3-4 days. As for a specific card, I'd go with a Nvidia 7600GS, theres one manufactured by

EVGA ( outstanding graphics cards ) for $140 AFTER a $20 mail in rebate.|||I can't afford to recommend certain brands, but if you are looking for professional 3D modeling i would recommend you buy a newer card (as in release date) because it has better implemented features such as anti-aliasing (very important for good final professional renders). The AGP slot is in a cone of darkness with the new PCI-E cards.. but I think if you go on eBay eventually you can find something that can satisfy your artistic needs.|||i just bought a vdo card for my pc...but mine was pci. agp are cheaper...if you dont need anything that great, i would just go to walmart and pick it up...coz walmart's return policy is pretty good. they should run about $20-50|||Fry's, Comp USA, Radio Shack(not usually in stock),Circuit City, Best Buy,etc,etc....

If you feel comfortable buying online, I'm sure someone here will provide you with a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment